BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 18, 2010

Coming out of the Closet...

I'm not gay, but I do love an organized closet - so much so that I decided to blog about it.  In fact, I enjoy organization so much that I will make special trips to recently organized areas and open doors, drawers or cabinets to look at them in complete awe and udder adoration.  Yup. 

By nature, I am NOT an organized person, but that doesn't mean I don't both appreciate and enjoy order. 

For the past nearly four years I have lived in this house, I've been trying to organize the innards of the home. I have visited the same closet and drawer on numerous occasions, dump all its contents, purged our home of unneeded or outdated items and put them away in an organized fashion.

Baby is only 2 months old, and I have organized and re-organized his changing station (I have all his clothes, diapers, gifts, etc... in there).  After the 10th time of it being a wreck, I purchased baskets to help keep things separated and re-organized yet again.  It looked awesome and worked incredibly well.  Since I am the main user of said station (and caregiver of baby 99.9% of the time), it did not get messed up and maintained order.

Fast forward one week.  Last night, I asked hubby to retrieve a fresh onesie for me.  He complained but finally trekked upstairs to grab one.  I thought he might comment on the organization since it was the first time he had been in there.  He didn't, and that was ok.  However, this morning, when I went to dress baby for the day, I opened the doors to the cabinet to admire the order only to find complete disarray from my husband.  The onesies were in a jumbled mess.  Why?  Seriously?  Why?  One visit = complete destruction.

I quickly fixed them and dressed the baby and glanced around my room.  Maybe I really am organized - just surrounded by a bunch of complete slobs.

0 comments: